I found this a while back on another blog that I have since lost so sorry that I cannot give credit. Tell me what you think. Any to add? Remove? Which ones do you relate to?
Personality Traits of a profound submissive
The ways in which I spot a profound submissive who is not aware of what she is yet:
- She is very sensitive to my moods, body language, and tone of voice. She is very sensitive to criticism.
- She has a child-like presence.
- She is eager to please me and eager to follow my suggestions.
- She is sexually aroused/fascinated by my dominant presence.
- She turns to me as an authority/advisor when she has personal questions.
- She says something’s been missing in all her previous relationships.
- She finds herself becoming anxious coping with everyday life on her own.
- She says she feels as if she’s putting on a mask or role as an adult, an employee, a boss, a parent.
- She’s a nurturer, often being a customer service agent, a nurse, a caregiver of some kind.
- She takes on guilt that doesn’t belong to her; she tries to fix everyone’s problems.
- She feels that often people are able to take advantage of her giving nature.
- She admits to having put up powerful emotional barriers because people can hurt her so easily.
- She finds it generally hard to trust people, but paradoxically wants very badly to trust me. Conversely, she may be much too trusting in a child-like way and keeps getting hurt.
- She has always felt oddly out of place and “different” from others. She may even feel there is something wrong with her.
- From a young age she has found pleasure in serving others; being a good hostess, doing as she’s told, remembering everyone’s birthdays, being everyone’s shoulder to cry on and everyone’s helpmate.
- She finds it difficult to resist authority or aggressive behavior; she may have been picked on by bullies all her life.